Thursday, November 27, 2008

Heaven

Joei was putting on a puppet show last night in the infamous box we got the other day; man, give a kid a box and it will occupy them for hours - anyway. A friend of ours sent Lily a gift in that box. It was some outfits, a blanket and 2 of the angels that say the "now I lay me down to sleep" prayer when you push the belly. Joei has taken the angels for herself, which I think one was for her anyway, so no matter. Well she was putting on a puppet show last night and this is the convo that ensued:

Me: Hello angels, what are your names?

Angels: (AKA Joei, although every now and again she can be an angel, but more often than not, I want to call her the opposite!)

The girls name is Selah and the boys name is Travis.

Me: well hello Selah and Travis, where do you live?

Angels: in heaven

Me: Oh so you live with Jesus?

Angels: Yes.

Me: who else do you see in heaven?

Angels: I see Joei's Grandma and your Grandpa.

Ok, she got me there. She did not even skip a beat, did not even have to think about who was there. She instantly said that her Grandma (Joey's mom) and my Grandpa were there. It just touched me. She really does pay attention when we explain these things to her. I did not think she fully comprehended that, since she has never met either of them. I assumed she would not grasp that concept, but in her little 4 year old innocent mind, she gets it. She gets it.

Oh to have that kind of understanding...

1 comment:

Charity said...

Wow what a beautiful name! lol Seriously though that was a beautiful story!