Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I try to be thankful on a regular basis, I know that my life is wonderful and I never want to take it for granted. The little things that I gripe about are so petty in the scheme of things, thank you Lord for your goodness. Thank you for the mercy you bestowed on me. Thank you for calling me your daughter.

I'm thankful for my family; that I have such a great husband and healthy girls. I'm thankful that one of my sisters is here in town. She is so helpful to us, and a great pal. I'm thankful for my friends that are really family...I have quite a few friends in that category. What a blessing!

A few years back, I was talking to my mom about something and I remember her saying to me, " Jen, you have a nice life." Well if you know anything about my childhood, you would know how much she meant that statement. And she is right, I do have a nice life. Thank you Lord.

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Charity said...

I am so very thankful for so many many things, I too had a very tough childhood and very often I sit and say, Wow God I don't deserve all of this, all these blessings and the perfect family, etc. I'm so grateful that even when I've questioned the call or felt like giving up , God has held me right there on the edge not letting me fall over. I'm thankful that he has sustained the house we are living in and thankful that he has something better for us. I thank God that he has given us the opportunity to open a new chapter in our lives, with people we love more than they will ever know. The people who , when we were going through our hardest stage of ministry took the time to send us a card saying they believed in us, and who would've that that the bond that begin there would end up here. I'm so so thankful, for the opportunity he has given me to minister at my work and to truely touch lives there, and now a greater opportunity in my job to touch even more lives. I'm thankful most of all that no matter what the future holds for us that we are in God's hands and nothing will change that!