Friday, July 6, 2007

I will never do that!

Prior to having my own child, I would on occasion see a parent doing something and say to myself, "I will never do that when I have a kid!" Hmmm. Let's go down the list, shall we?

* I will never allow my child to wear shoes with a character, let alone shoes with lights on them.
* I will never allow my child to have a pacifier past the age of 1.
* I will never allow my child to consume massive quantities of sugar

And the kicker...

* I will never, ever, under any circumstances, even think of driving a mini-van!

Now, let's see how I've done thus far:

I just bought Joei a pair of shoes that have princess' on them...and they light up. I shudder. My daughter still uses a pacifier and yes folks, she is almost 3. At the mall today, she consumed an Orange Julius on her own...calling it a "protein drink." Yeah, doubt that one had any protein hon. And for the kicker, I did test drive a mini-van the other day. Again, I shudder. But man are they practical. I don't think I can yet cave to the mini-van...talk to me if/when a few more kids pop out of me.

Moral of the story, judge not...because one day, you just may do the very same thing.

No comments: