Saturday, July 21, 2007

Happy Birthday Sis!

My younger sister, Jessica, has a birthday this week. I have 3 siblings, all younger. 1 brother and 2 sisters. Jessica's "story" is nothing short of amazing. God has done a true miracle in her life. She is a very strong person; even though she may dis-agree with that. I have learned from her. Not only is she my sister, but she's my pal. I stole a really cool idea from another blog. Did I just say stole? I meant that I "borrowed" an idea!

THE TOP 10 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT MY SIS:


(Warning!! Serious cheeze factor here!)

10. She uses the word "slice" when offering a stick of gum.

9. She CRACKS me up! She really is hillarious! Oh the belly laughs we had when we used to drive to work together. When we got in the car after work, we had always left the radio cranked from how it was in the morning...it's a wonder we are able to hear.

8. As a teen, she had her hair in spikes...and wore dog collars...with no shame.

7. Her funky sense of style. She has always dressed different from the norm, and can totally pull it off.

6. We call each other "sister."

5. There is nobody more dramatic than Jess! She should win an Oscar just for living.

4. She worries about me having a profile on the Internet.

3. Jess is so much fun and easy going. My kid loves to be at her house. Probably because she gets to shoot water guns inside and do fun things that would make me cringe.

2. She is a servant. Jess is always quick to help someone...it's 2nd nature for her. If she sees a homeless person, she will get them food. If someone is stranded in their car, she will stop and help. She is always quick to help me when I need it.

1. She's a really, really great friend.

There's tons more, but I had to limit myself otherwise I would be here a long time! Ok, so that was super hokey, I know. But I love my siblings. We have been through alot together...and we each have our own story because of it. We are very different from one another, however we all seem to have the same sense of humor. We really have a good time when we are together! It makes me want to have more kids, just so Joei can have these kinds of friendships. There really is no other relationship quite like that of a sister. Happy Birthday Jess!

No comments: