Friday, February 14, 2014

A 5 year old Sargent

You ever need a little motivation to do something that you really don't want to do? If so, you can borrow my 5 year old, she's good for it.

Yesterday, I was talking out loud (something I do ALL the time...) and Lily chimed in with her response to said out loud talking. I was saying how I just did not feel like getting on the treadmill, I wasn't sure that I had the energy to knock it out. She said, "yes you do, you just have to believe in yourself!"

Well, with a challenge like that from a mini person, what else can you do but tackle the thing you really don't want to do. So it was off to the treadmill I went.

I thought I'd share my motivating 5 year old with you all today; "YES YOU CAN! YOU JUST HAVE TO BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!" Whatever you are facing today, know that you CAN do it.

1 John 5:4 says, "For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith."

Did you know that you are an overcomer? I forget that. A lot. I'm an overcomer. I'm born of God, I'm made in the image of the creator of this entire universe. He created everything from the Sun, Moon & Stars down to the gnats that drive me absolutely insane. He took such phenomenal detail in everything that He created, so surely He would not do any less when it came to breathing life into little old me. I am born of God. So I'm an overcomer. And so are you.

Whatever difficulty lies in your path today is but a mere vapor in the scheme of this grand existence. And friends, your existence is indeed just that, it's grand. There is something so wonderful for you to do; and could it be that the difficulty in your path is simply the stepping stone to that wonderful grandiosity you have been called to? God's good like that, He takes the hardships that we face and puts a "God Spin" on it, turning it into something good. Something grand.

You can do it. You just have to believe in yourself.

If God can breath life into trees, flowers, animals and at His best humans (although perhaps we'd debate this one, depending on the day we've had,) then we must know that He has given us the tools we need to succeed through the trial. He gave every animal the tools needed to survive, what's different with us? He has given every plant, every flower, the soil, the water, the "tools" needed for them to survive, what's different with us? He says in His Word that He cares for the sparrow, HOW MUCH MORE FOR US!

If animals rely on instinct to succeed, why can't we simply rely on our faithful Creator to give us all things for success? I'll tell ya why, we don't believe. We don't believe we are worth it. We don't believe that we are over comers. We don't think we can conquer that problem because it's just plain too big for us to handle. And so we cower back and let the problem determine our outcome. Uh-oh, there it is. We let the problem determine our destiny. We cave like a cheap deck of cards, throwing in the towel before it ever had a chance to get dirty.

You can do it. You just have to believe in yourself!

The scripture says if you are born of God, you are an over comer. Period. It does not list conditions to meet prior to success being yours; no. if you love Him, you are already an over comer. Why? It's part 2 of the scripture, "the victory that's overcome the world, our faith." There it is, faith. Believe! Simply believe. Believe that you're an overcomer, and you will be. Once you believe that with all your heart and soul, nothing can stop you from conquering that problem! There's nothing quite like going into a battle with the confidence that you've already won!

While I was running on said treadmill I was avoiding, Lily looked at me and said, no, she actually hollered, "RUN LIKE YA MEAN IT!" Apparently I was not running to my maximum capacity, sheesh kid, give a lady a break, I AM your mother after all!

So, if you need a Drill Sargent, I mean, if you need encouragement, take it from Lily. You can do it, believe in yourself and don't forget the last part - run like ya mean it. Whatever you do, do it with all your heart. After all, you already have overcome simply by your birthright.

Now excuse me while I find Lily a whistle...

No comments: