Friday, June 15, 2012

Perspective

I don't necessarily like to excercise but I'm thankful I have the legs to do it. I don't necessarily like to clean my house but I'm thankful for the amazing home I live in. I don't necessarily like to scrub the shower, but I'm thankful that I have one. I don't necessarily like to do my grocery shopping at Wal-Mart, but I'm thankful I have the finances to buy groceries at all. I don't necessarily like putting said groceries away, but I'm thankful for a stocked pantry when it's done. I don't necessarily like to wash & dry my giant hair, but I'm thankful I have hair. I don't necessarily like it when my girls wake me up at night, but I'm thankful they know mom means safety. I don't necessarily like when my girls whine, but I'm thankful they have the ability to speak, and that I have the ability to hear them. I don't necessarily like getting gas in my car, but I'm thankful for the car and I'm thankful for the money to buy the gas. I don't necessarily like doing dishes but I'm thankful for running water.

These are the thoughts running through my head lately. For all the stuff we complain about doing, what if we looked at the good in it? Who enjoys doing chores? Well, sometimes I get in the zone and actually do enjoy it; when the music is going and I have ample time to put into cleaning. But then there's the other 99% of the time, he he. Really though, what if we flipped the script. Tossed the salad. Turned the pancake. Cracked the egg. Sliced the cake. Am I hungry? Probably.

But you get the picture. It's ok to admit we don't like doing something, but we do it anyway. That's just life! But my challenge to myself lately is to take the "it's just life" and live it big. So I'm flippin the script today, care to join me?

2 comments:

WM said...

Thanks for the reminder Jen. Even with lifes problems, we are so blessed. Our peespective makes all the difference!

WM said...

**perspective**