Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Out of the blue

I love the out of the blue statements Joei makes, this is one that I don't want to forget. We were just sitting there with Lily and Joei said, "the other day, when we were watching the new President, the people didn't clap for the old President. They clapped for the other Presidents, but not the old one. That made him feel sad."

Um, ok. For one, how in the world did she pick up on the fact that nobody clapped for President Bush? Sure, some people did, but I heard that people actually boo'd at him. I was not paying that close of attention when he was introduced, though it was on and I saw it, I just don't recall the booing or lack of clapping. As the previous Presidents were being introduced, I was trying to explain to Joei that they were not the new President and what not. So the fact that she could totally pick up on that, just shocks me! Kids are so perceptive.

3 comments:

Jess the Mess said...

She is so funny. And compasionate....you know they did actually boo Bush. It did make me sad also.
Somebody should give Joei her own talk show.

Marlene said...

And the fact that she was processing it in her brain all this time is amazing, isn't it? Such a sweetheart and so caring. :o )

Charity said...

Yeah that's crazy, girls are wise beyond their years it seems.