Thursday, September 24, 2015

More.

Did you know you were made for more? More than mediocrity. More than simply getting by in life. More than average. More than just doing what you have always done, wishing for a different result. More than settling for second rate. More.

I am made for more. Say it with me! "I AM MADE FOR MORE!"

I know that. But do I believe it? Do YOU believe it?

I'm reading in Hebrews 6, preparing for our upcoming Ladies Retreat. I'm pondering Hope and how Hope is our anchor and so that's where my thought process should be going. But alas, like the kittens in my backyard that move from one thing to the next (yes, I find any opportunity to speak of kittens and yes, I realize it's nuts) I find myself strayed from topic.

Take a read of this:

Hebrews 6:7-9 "When the ground soaks up the falling rain and bears a good crop for the farmer, it has God’s blessing. 8 But if a field bears thorns and thistles, it is useless. The farmer will soon condemn that field and burn it."

Now I LOVE this next verse, LOVE it.

9 "Dear friends, even though we are talking this way, we really don’t believe it applies to you. We are confident that you are meant for better things, things that come with salvation."

You were made for more.

"We are confident that you are meant for better things..."

I am meant for better things.

"things that come with salvation."

So what comes with salvation? Oh my gooodness, what DOESN'T come with salvation? First of all, everlasting love comes with salvation. A grace that is so undeserved comes with salvation. A peace that will go beyond what I can understand, that comes with salvation. A joy that floods the very depths of my soul is a product of salvation. Provision for every single need that I will ever have, that's a benefit of salvation. Purpose, purpose, purpose. Did I say purpose yet? I'm sorry, the cute kitties distract me. Purpose is a product of salvation. Forgiveness. Restoration. Witness. Household salvation. And did I say purpose? More. More. And more.

So there ya go. Just in case you were on the fence today, leaning towards the side that's warped and in need of repair, why don't you climb just a little higher to the other side of it. I hear the weather's great up there. Besides, you might see one of our kittens. And then you might take one home. And then your life will be so great and better. Oh sorry, there I go again.

Dear heart don't settle. Jen, don't settle. Kitties, don't settle. You were meant for better things.

No comments: