Sunday, March 11, 2012

My little Super Girl!



Here is my little Super girl Lily! She came across the cape yesterday and is obsessed with it. I love this photo of her, wish I had used my regular camera rather than my phone but such is life. She is running free, not a care in the world, except protecting it of course. She is, after all, a super hero. And apparently she comes from a family of super hero's. She has one brudder and three sisters, and they all wear capes. She works at Starbucks, because "in her world there are TONS of Starbucks." That's a world I want to live in Lily. Oh wait, I do.

She has been running around the house today asking what she can help me with; of course regular chores like cleaning up are far too mundane for her powers. And in case you wondered where she gets the power from, she gets it from her thigh. It goes into her skin and she just takes off with full force.

At one point her thighs began to fail her (Oh honey that's only the beginning of thigh woes) and she was feeling weak and without power. So I told her that God would give her power...she went into the kitchen, and in her sweet little 3.75 year old voice said, "God, please give me more power, Amen."

And with that she came running back declaring she had power from God and was ready to take on the world again! You go Lily!

If only it were that easy.

But wait, it is. Acts 1:8 says that "you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you." I like that! I need power.

I need power to raise my girls in this corrupt world. I need power to be a Godly wife. I need power to be a good friend to my friends. I need power to maintain my cool when I really would like to say what comes to mind. I need power to encourage those I come in contact with on a daily basis, to hope that the love of Jesus would shine through all I say and do. I need power.

So, if Lily does not mind, I think I will don her cape for awhile. After all, I could use some power...and Starbucks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Great story :) ...And very true.
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Jennifer I simply love style of writing....so descriptive and colorful. Thank you for sharing your life and your family with all of us and being so real and touchable! God Bless you and may you walk in the power of his might always! Love Ya Vicki!