Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Perspective

Lily has been sick the majority of this year, nothing real major, just colds and what not. We did have a scare with multiple bladder infections a few months back, and today found out she has a pretty raw throat with white little bumps...so while it's nothing life threatening by any means (although any sickness with your baby is heartbreaking regardless,) it's enough to keep her awake at night, often. She does not sleep all that great, she has not slept all that great for months now. Last night was another rough night with her and in fact, I'm a but delirious so if this makes no sense, forgive me.

In my bad attitude towards my lack of sleep, I'm hit with such an awe of gratitude to the Lord. I'm thankful that my momentary trouble is simply a baby with a nasty cold, some teething issues & sleep trouble. There is a button on my blog to pray for baby Stellan (you can click on it if you want to read more.) He's just a little guy, fighting for his life in the hospital. I have a friend whose mother is facing Alzheimer's. Joey just visited a man in the hospital from our church who is battling cancer. He had a major operation on his stomach in order to get just his basic functions going again. He looked at Joey and said how thankful he was for the Lords grace in his life, that he did not deserve it. He is fighting his momentary battle better than many of us fight silly little things.

In this moment, my heart is turned toward those battling real serious life issues. I don't know how they do it; not only face the battle, but attack it head on with faith. It's amazing to me. In this life we will have trouble, says the Lord. But He tells us to take heart. Why? Because He has overcome this world. He has overcome that sickness. He has overcome that diagnosis. He has overcome that financial pit. He has overcome that depression. He has overcome that adversity. He has overcome. Thank you Jesus that you are there to give strength to those that need to overcome. Thank you Lord. And forgive me for allowing the silly little things in life to cause me to lose sight of the big picture. Remind us to pray Lord. Remind me to pray.

2 Corinthians 4:17 "For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all."

5 comments:

Charity said...

Amen that is soooo good!

Marlene said...

Boy did I need to hear this today. Perspective, that's what we need to keep. Thanks for the reminder!

Marlene said...

And I hope Lily Rae's doing better too. I'll pray for her....

Jess the Mess said...

Very good sis. Very true. Very encouraging.

cebumommy said...

Wow that goes along with todays sermon. That was awesome
laura