Friday, May 2, 2008

My top 10

Top 5 things I love about being pregnant and the top 5 things I loathe about the whole ordeal; in no particular order!

Loathe:

5 - Watching the scale creep. Along the same lines, the nurse weighs you on one of those lame scales, with the weight on it...why was one nurse so darn quick to jump to the 200 huh? C'mon. At least humor me. But then I had another nurse put that weight on the 150 and I thought ok, don't patronize me. We all know I've packed it on here.

4 - The "sisters" look like objects from another world.

3 - Shaving anything on your body resembles some sort of circus act.

2 - Sleeping. It's just not easy on any level. You turn right, you feel like a turtle. You turn left, you feel like a beached whale. Basically you have become some sort of animal with a child attached to your innards.

1 - The comments. Oh the comments. And the dumbest ones tend to be from men. "Oh did you know you have something growing on you?" Hmmm, no, I hadn't noticed, thanks. Or my favorite yet, "and here I thought you were just putting on weight?" Really? Seriously? Someone let you out of the house with that kind of stupidity flowing through your veins? Ok, ok, I digress.
Must.control.hormones.

Love:

5 - Feeling the baby move for the first time & along the same lines, hearing the heartbeat.

4 - Not having to suck in my stomach.

3 - The joy of ordering something ever so fattening at a restaurant and not feeling like I have to explain myself, or justify the splurge because hello, "there clearly is something growing on me!"

2 - The way my daughter kisses my belly and talks to her sister, it melts me every time.

1 - Honored. I'm honored that for whatever reason, God thinks I can handle this.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Ahh... men! Thank goodness we both birthed (you soon will) 2 girls. :o)